Am I a candidate for Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells made of ceramic that are used to cover teeth that are cracked, chipped, or stained. Veneers can restore your beautiful smile if it has been affected by damaged or stained teeth. The financial investment involved is very budget friendly.
What Process is Involved?
Veneers can be placed in two or three office visits. Dr. Visger will meet with you to help you determine a plan that will best meet your unique needs. This plan will lay out the steps needed to place the veneers on your teeth. First, your teeth will need some preparatory work for the veneers. The dentist will make impressions of the affected teeth so that a laboratory can custom-fabricate the veneers that you need. This process generally takes 10-14 days. While your permanent veneers are being made, you will have temporary veneers placed on your teeth. At the final appointment, the permanent veneers will be put in place on your teeth. You will walk back out to Longmont with a reinvigorated confidence to smile and speak without hesitation!
Benefits of Veneers
- Veneers are virtually invisible to your friends and acquaintances because they are color-matched to your natural teeth.
- Veneers are resistant to staining by coffee, tea, soda, and smoking since they are manufactured using porcelain.
- Veneers are also very natural looking because of the porcelain used in their fabrication.
- Veneers dramatically improve the beauty of your smile.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers are ceramic veneers that are super thin. Just like the veneers, they can be used to restore beauty and a natural look to damaged or stained teeth.
Why Choose Lumineers?
Lumineers are similar to veneers in many ways. However, they are thinner and stronger. The advanced technology used in their manufacturing allows them to be as thin as your contact lens. Lumineers offer a few specific advantages beyond traditional veneers.
- Lumineers eliminate pain. No shots or drilling are necessary, so the application process is pain free. The super-thin Lumineers are applied straight to your natural teeth.
- Lumineers eliminate wires. In some cases, Lumineers are able to function as traditional braces. Of course, the thin ceramic does not use the wire and brackets that come with braces.
- Lumineers eliminate discomfort. The ultra thin shell does not provide any discomfort in the mouth.
- Lumineers offer exceptional strength. The special porcelain used in manufacturing is known for its great strength.
- Lumineers are neater and cleaner. The seamless application process used in placing Lumineers eliminates micro-leakage and cracking.
- Lumineers remove extra work. With traditional veneers, any existing crowns must be removed from the tooth before the application of the veneer. Lumineers are placed directly onto any existing crowns.
- Lumineers are durable. Lumineers are proven to last for up to ten years.
- Lumineers do not require drilling. While traditional veneers will require some drilling, Lumineers eliminate the need for drilling since they are applied directly to the teeth.