Lumineers are a type of veneer that has been designed to fit perfectly with your smile. Traditional porcelain veneers can be harmful to the overall health of your teeth. Did you know that surface enamel has to be essentially sanded off to create a rougher surface area that is more conducive to adhesion when it comes to traditional veneers? Also, because even thin porcelain veneers can be somewhat thick in nature, it is not unusual to find more of your tooth than you expected removed to make room for the veneers. With Lumineers, none of this is an issue. Lumineers have been carefully designed to be incredibly thin – about as thin as a contact lens, for example – and apply to your teeth effortlessly. You don’t have to walk around with sanded teeth that look awful while you are waiting for them to be custom made to fit your teeth, either! Lumineers fit on your natural tooth.
Am I a candidate?
Veneers are thin shells made of ceramic that are used to cover teeth that are cracked, chipped, or stained. Veneers can restore your beautiful smile if it has been affected by damaged or stained teeth. The financial investment involved is very budget friendly.
What is the Process?
Veneers can be placed in two or three office visits. Dr. Visger will meet with you to help you determine a plan that will best meet your unique needs. This plan will lay out the steps needed to place the veneers on your teeth. First, your teeth will need some preparatory work for the veneers. The dentist will make impressions of the affected teeth so that a laboratory can custom-fabricate the veneers that you need. This process generally takes 10-14 days. While your permanent veneers are being made, you will have temporary veneers placed on your teeth. At the final appointment, the permanent veneers will be put in place on your teeth. You will walk back out to Longmont with a reinvigorated confidence to smile and speak without hesitation!
Benefits of Veneers & Lumineers
The benefit of Lumineers is the same as the benefit that comes from more traditional porcelain veneers. Your smile will look amazing, in other words. The great thing about Lumineers, of course, is that you do not have to sacrifice the health and shape of your natural teeth just to have them placed. Lumineers are thin and designed to work well without much preparation. They can still change your smile just like veneers, but they do so in an innovative way that promotes healthy teeth.
- Veneers are virtually invisible to your friends and acquaintances because they are color-matched to your natural teeth.
- Veneers are resistant to staining by coffee, tea, soda, and smoking since they are manufactured using porcelain.
- Veneers are also very natural looking because of the porcelain used in their fabrication.
- Veneers dramatically improve the beauty of your smile.
Why Choose Lumineers?
Lumineers are similar to veneers in many ways. However, they are thinner and stronger. The advanced technology used in their manufacturing allows them to be as thin as your contact lens.
Lumineers offer specific advantages over veneers
- Lumineers eliminate pain. No shots or drilling are necessary, so the application process is pain free. The super-thin Lumineers are applied straight to your natural teeth.
- Lumineers eliminate wires. In some cases, Lumineers are able to function as traditional braces. Of course, the thin ceramic does not use the wire and brackets that come with braces.
- Lumineers eliminate discomfort. The ultra thin shell does not provide any discomfort in the mouth.
- Lumineers offer exceptional strength. The special porcelain used in manufacturing is known for its great strength.
- Lumineers are neater and cleaner. The seamless application process used in placing Lumineers eliminates micro-leakage and cracking.
- Lumineers remove extra work. With traditional veneers, any existing crowns must be removed from the tooth before the application of the veneer. Lumineers are placed directly onto any existing crowns.
- Lumineers are durable. Lumineers are proven to last for up to ten years.
- Lumineers do not require drilling. While traditional veneers will require some drilling, Lumineers eliminate the need for drilling since they are applied directly to the teeth.
Do Lumineers hurt when placed?
When it comes to the placement of traditional veneers, the process can be a bit painful. Because so much of your tooth is removed and the veneers are bonded into place, you might have to space out placement across multiple visits and have anesthetic shots to numb the discomfort. With Lumineers, the placement is so simple and gentle that you don’t even need a shot at all. They can also be placed more rapidly as they are less traumatic to your mouth.
Schedule Your Veneers or Lumineers Appointment
When it comes to your smile, don’t you want to have one that looks perfect in your mind? After all, keeping your teeth healthy is important – but so is being happy with those healthy teeth once good oral health has been attained. Sometimes, even if they technically function perfectly, we might end up dissatisfied with the way that our teeth look. This is perhaps especially likely when it comes to teeth that have had much work done and might appear discolored or uneven in size or shape. There are things you can do to help create the smile you want – things that take only a short time and do not damage your teeth in any way. At Trail Ridge Dental, we are proud to offer Lumineers to our patients looking for a natural looking and beautiful smile. For more information on Lumineers, give us a call at 303-772-6960 for our Longmont dental office or 970-593-1010 for our Johnstown office! We would be happy to answer all of your questions and help you schedule an appointment.