What is Invisalign?
The revolutionary Invisalign system makes use of clear, plastic straightening trays to gradually straighten crooked teeth. The concept is quite similar to traditional braces, but without the wires and brackets. The patient wears each straightening tray for a brief period of time before moving on to the next tray. Each tray will straighten the teeth just a tiny bit more. The dentist will use a 3-D digital image of your mouth in order to create a custom set of straightening trays for you.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
Invisalign has many advantages that have caused it to become popular
- Improved Comfort – Braces use wires and brackets that poke the mouth but Invisalign uses trays that are made of a smooth plastic
- Improved Treatment Time – Braces take 2-3 years to completely straighten the teeth but Invisalign only takes 9-15 months.
- Improved Aesthetics – Braces are noticeable with their brightly colored bands and wire brackets but the Invisalign trays are nearly invisible.
- Improved Menu Options – Braces cause your food and drink choices to be limited but Invisalign allows you to eat anything. The trays are removed when you eat so no need to worry about food or drinks getting stuck in the wires or harming the brackets.
- Improved Oral Hygiene – Braces are difficult to keep clean and require special tools. Invisalign allows you to brush, floss and rinse normally because the trays are removed while eating and cleaning your teeth.