Implants Are the Perfect Solution for Missing Teeth
Are you missing a tooth or maybe several teeth? Dental implants are one of your options when treating those missing teeth. Dental implants are comfortable and look natural. Properly cared for implants can last a patient the rest of their life. The staff at Trail Ridge Dental and Dr. Visger are experienced and well trained to provide you with quality dental implants.
What Is Involved in a Dental Implant Treatment?
The first step once it is determined that you need implants is to take x-rays and impressions of the areas that need the treatment. Dr. Visger will also need to evaluate your jawbone. With all this information he will then know exactly where to place your implants. Once it is time to start the procedure, a titanium rod will be embedded into the jawbone in the area that needs the implants. You will wait 8-12 weeks for your jawbone and gums to adjust to the rod. The replacement teeth will be added last.
Dental Implants Provide Several Benefits
Dental implants have many clear benefits:
- They look natural and easily blend with natural teeth
- They are permanently placed in your mouth
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly
- They provide added strength for the natural teeth
- They provide a stable replacement because of the titanium rod
- They help keep the integrity of bone structure because of being embedded into the jawbone