At Trail Ridge Dental we know dental emergencies can happen. Dr. Visger and his staff want to help you as soon as possible to get the attention and solutions that you need. An exam will be done to determine the problem and then your treatment options will be decided. Our staff will inform you of every step and choice you have. We know dental emergencies can be stressful and painful, and we want to help you get the treatment you need as quickly and simply as possible.
If you do have a dental emergency, please call our office at Trail Ridge Dental as soon as possible. We strive to put emergency patients as top priority so if you have a toothache or injury to your mouth call Dr. Visger now and schedule a same day appointment.
For a Tooth That is Lost or Knocked Out
If a tooth is lost or knocked out there are some steps to take to allow the tooth to be saved.
- Only touch the tooth by the crown (the chewing surface), and do not touch the root.
- Gently rinse the tooth in water if it is dirty. Do not use any soap or other chemicals to clean the tooth. Do not scrub the tooth, try to dry the tooth or wrap it in tissue or cloth.
- Try to reposition the tooth into its socket as quickly as possible. The sooner the tooth is put back into its socket, the greater chance it has to survive. Push the tooth into the socket gently with your finger. Hold the tooth there with your finger or gently bite down on it.
- Be sure to keep the injured tooth moist at all times, not allowing it to get dry. If putting the tooth back into its socket is not possible, place it in a cup of milk or into the cheek of your mouth. Make sure you do not swallow it.
- Call Dr. Visger’s office as soon as possible, within 30 minutes is best.