We know a lot of people are nervous when they come to see us; but regular cleanings and proper care can make for easier, happier visits.
Here are a few quick tips to keep your teeth healthy between visits and reduce your susceptibility to cavities and tooth decay.
- Brush your teeth for two minutes, two times a day
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
- Drink water. Water cleans bacteria from your teeth
- Avoid sugary food and drink. Energy drinks, soda, and sticky candy damage the surface of your teeth and make them more susceptible to cavities
- Stop smoking. Smoking creates an ideal environment for bacteria that can cause gum infection and lead to bone loss
- Visit us regularly! If you do develop a cavity, we can catch it early and keep it from becoming a bigger problem