Our gums can bleed for a variety of reasons – brushing too hard, hormone changes, and gum disease just to name a few. Here are some easy ways to help strengthen and improve the health of your gums:
1. Be gentle! Brushing harder doesn’t mean that your teeth are cleaner. Hard brushing can damage the soft issue in your mouth.
2. Stop smoking. Smoking and tobacco products provide an environment that increases bacteria that leads to gum disease.
3. Relax! Stress has many effects on your body, including your oral health. Stress increases inflammation in the body, which makes your gums more likely to bleed.
4. Eat a healthy diet. Vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and magnesium are all needed to keep your gums healthy and happy.
5. Visit us, your Dentist! Bleeding gums can be a sign of gum disease or other medical issues. Getting your regular check ups can make sure your gums stay healthy.