If you love your teeth as much as we do, then you’d probably like to keep them around for as long as possible. Here at Trail Ridge Dental, we’re all about practicing preventative dentistry, and if you want to grow old with your teeth, we can show you how.
It’s very likely that you’ve heard about the importance of brushing and flossing your teeth, and it’s true that these are the two most important things you can do for your oral hygiene. The key is to make sure you are brushing and flossing correctly. Brush for at least two minutes, but not much longer, to avoid unnecessary abrasion.
Flossing your teeth is just as important as brushing; so make sure to floss at least once a day, too. Along with these crucial practices, here are a couple of other ways to keep your teeth healthy:
- A water pick can be used to remove food lodged between the teeth.
- Antiseptic rinses kill infection-causing bacteria.
Even if you brush your teeth like a pro, bacteria can still sneak down below your gum-line and hide there, waiting for the chance to infect your gums. That’s why it’s so important to keep up with your regular visits to Trail Ridge Dental. Here are some additional ways we can help keep your mouth and teeth healthy:
- We perform meticulous oral examinations to ensure your teeth and gums are in healthy condition. If any problems exist, we will catch them as early as possible.
- Digital x-rays will be taken, when necessary, to ensure there are no hidden cavities, infections, or other dental risks.
- Our oral hygiene treatments remove plaque and tartar buildup that are difficult to remove with regular brushing and flossing.
- For cases of heavy buildup or facing the risk of gum disease, we perform a full-mouth deep scaling with specialized tools to clean away buildup and promote the healing of the gum tissue.
If you’re behind on your dental exams and tooth cleanings, let’s get caught up right away. Call our office today at (303) 772-6960! We at Trail Ridge Dental are here to help you stay healthy!