Can you imagine your teeth and dental record going down in history? But here are a few famous figures whose oral health did just that! Can you match the fact to the figure? How many did you get right?
1. Which President had his teeth fall out due to mercury poisoning after he contracted smallpox from an innoculation?
a. Thomas Jefferson b. George Washington c. John Quincy Adams
2. Which Royal woman tried to keep her teeth clean by scrubbing them with sugar, and only succeeded in accelerating their decay?
a. Queen Elizabeth I b. The Jade Empress Mazu c. Pharaoh Cleopatra of Egypt
3. What General, though so meticulous about his dental health that he carried a dental kit into battle, died suffering from scurvy?
a. Ulysses S Grant b. Attila the Hun C. Napoleon Bonaparte
- c – John Quincy Adams. The 6th President of the United States.
- a – Queen Elizabeth I. Sugar was a luxury of the wealthy, but they didn’t realize it was also the cause of their black teeth.
- c – Napoleon Bonaparte. So important was his dental kit that he stipulated in his last will and testament that his son be given his golden dental kit.