Many of our furry, scaly, and feathery friends have teeth, just like us! Here is some fun dental trivia from the Wild Side. How many did you get right?
1. What animal has the largest teeth in the world?
a. The Humpback Whale
b. The African Elephant
c. The Great White Shark
2. Which land mammal has the most teeth?
a. The Giant Armadillo
b. The Grey Wolf
c. The Hippopotamus
3. Sharks lose their teeth easily. But how long does it take for the tooth to be replaced?
- b – The African Elephant. A single molar from a male African Elephant can weigh up to 10 pounds!
- a – The Giant Armadillo! The Giant Armadillo can have up to 100 teeth.
- c – Days! A new tooth can replace one that has fallen out in as little as 24 hours.